Buffalo wings and pesto pasta with peas


What a combination! I thoroughly enjoyed both dishes, but they definitely don't go together.

I really wanted to make chicken wings, as I had found a recipe recently for the sauce. So, I did.

I bake the wings on a foil lined baking sheet at 450 for 25 minutes, flipping once. Then, I sprayed them with cooking spray and put under the broiler for maybe 10 minutes total, flipping once--- they didn't want to brown! (next time, I'll leave them until they are a little crispier)

While the chicken baked, I made the sauce:
1/2 T butter
1/3 c Frank's hot sauce
1/3 c ketchup
2 T honey

DELICIOUS!  We think it needed a bit more hot sauce in the end- however, since I don't measure anything, the above proportions could have been accurate. Hard to say. I may do a little less ketchup a little more hot sauce next time.

This sauce covered at least 18 wings (slightly more than 2 lbs) with plenty left over. I think I could have coated all the wings I bought (including the ones I didn't cook), which was 3.34 lbs.

On the side, I served blue cheese-ranch dip. I squirted ranch dressing into a small ramekin and added blue cheese crumbles-- best of both worlds.

Dinner was great. JW and I both licked our plates clean and scooped up extra sauce. Gross. But amazing at the same time.

For the pasta dish, I boiled noodles and drained them. In the same pot, with the noodles in the colandar, I added frozen peas and 1/4 c of water. After the peas warmed up, I drained them and added 1 T of butter, salt and pepper.  I rinsed the noodles in cold water to cool them down, shook them dry, and added them back to the peas. I also added some pesto, parm cheese, a little more olive oil, and fresh basil.  Will definitely make again!

Just maybe not WITH the wings!





Comments

Popular Posts