Bean Dip to Enchiladas

So, I already told you that my bean dip is used in many ways.  So enchiladas is another incarnation of my bean dip.

I start with the beans the same way as the bean dip, but before removing from the pan I add Old El Paso enchilada sauce (I'm a cheater!).  Follow their amounts, I think 3/4 a cup or something, you know I don't measure.  Also add in some cheese.

Then, generously scoop the beans onto burritos, roll and lay in 9" Pyrex.  Continue until beans are gone and pan is full.  Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and cover with cheese.  Heat for 20 min or so.

Serve with salsa and sour cream on top.

I also like a side of "spiced" corn.  I heat frozen corn in a saute pan with some butter some milk and some red pepper flakes.  Maybe a side of rice, maybe I'll add some of the beans or if I have a can of kidney beans to brown rice,  or just buy a Spanish rice mix. Depends on if I went to the store.

Comments

oppatton said…
i can give you my mom's enchilada sauce that is AMAZING! no more old el paso!!

Popular Posts