Pizzas coming...

 I made an awesome pizza one time, and I am still trying to recreate it!!! One more reason for the blog.

So, this pizza sauce is the one to remember! I found it at Whole Foods (see photo).

I made pizza dough once. Wasn't worth it.  So now, I usually buy dough for $.99 from Trader Joe's and then keep one in the freezer.  I called home and told JW to take the dough out of the freezer, but when I got home and hour later. Yup, still there.

I tried defrosting it in a bowl of warm water (no microwave, it broke)- but the bag had whole and then it got all wet. So I added flour, and then is was still frozen so it wouldn't stretch.

SO... I found a roll of Pilsbury garlic breadsticks in the fridge. I just rolled it out in a sheet!  (Don't tell JW, we ate the whole thing! yikes!)

Some keys to pizza: Go back to your wedding registry and add a pizza stone. Or so I heard. I havent... obviously.

Preheat oven high- usually 425-450 (check dough).  And put the bottom rack as low as it will go.  On a cookie sheet, I spray oil and then sprinkle cornmeal.  I stretch the dough and lay it down.  LIGHTLY coat the dough with some olive oil, sprinkle oregano, garlic powder, and SOME red pepper flakes.

Add SOME sauce- about 1/2 cup of sauce.  I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but the dough is not cooked right if you put too much sauce on, and I've made this mistake like a million times. Take the sauce all the way to the edge.

Then add SOME cheese.  Mozzarella is best. I got stupid and put Mont. Jack on it this time. Ehh.  DONT get cheese on the pan. Yuck burn smells.  (see, pizza is too perfectionist for my cooking style...)

Sprinkle on SOME veggies- I like green pepper, onion, and mushroom or tomato and spinach.  You think you want more veggies, but you don't. Again, the dough in the middle wont cook. A little more cheese on top to hold the veggies in and some sprinkling of parmesan.  Bake (follow dough directions, and depending on oven, but until cheese is light brown which might be 25-35 minutes).


Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

Comments

Popular Posts