1) Make the tomato sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the herbs, seeds, salt, and black and red peppers, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, wine and sugar, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely before using.
3) Oil a seasoned 12-inch round deep-dishpizza pans (or cast iron skillet) with the extra-virgin olive oil. Press 1 piece of dough into each pan, pressing to the edge and stretching about 1 1/2 inches up the sides. Let rest for 5 minutes.
4) Layer the mozzarella cheese all over the bottom of the pies.
5)Top each with half of the mushrooms, bell pepper rings, onions, or other toppings.
6) Ladle the sauce evenly over each pizza and top with Parmesan.
7) Bake until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice and serve hot.