Sunday, November 16, 2014
Sunday, November 2, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Directions (25 min)
2. Melt the butter in a large saute pan or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
3. Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and begins to brown.
Season, to taste, and serve warm.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
- curry powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 or 2 mixed bell peppers
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 lime
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add bell peppers and remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry powder to pan; sauté 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Cut lime in half. Squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lime half. Stir juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt into bell pepper mixture.
- Cut chicken across grain into thin slices.
Sunday, October 5, 2014
1 large onion, chopped
2 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped (I might leave some seeds in for heat)
4 garlic cloves, minced
Coarse ground black pepper
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
4 cans (15.5 ounces each) beans, rinsed and drained (I use mostly kidney beans, but black beans, pinto beans, etc. all work)
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, poblano, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.