I have signed up for a weekly, or maybe daily, email from AllRecipes.com so I can try a few new "favorites." So far, much success. Here is my, more simplified just as tasty, variation of a recipe titled "Best Ever Sausage with Peppers, Onions, and Beer!" HIGH HOPES...
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds Italian sausage links
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) bottles beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Boiled some orzo, and served with a side of Brussels sprouts. (Leftovers served with long-grain and wild rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, by squeezing small bites out of the casing. Cook sausage until browned on all sides.
- Pour in 1 bottle of beer to deglaze the pan, scraping up any blackened bits from the bottom.
- Place the red pepper, onion and garlic in the pan.
- Stir in the remaining beer and the tomato paste.
- Season with oregano, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
- Cover, and simmer until sausage is cooked through.
Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving Calories: 724 | Total Fat: 50g | Cholesterol: 89mg