This icing is AMAZING. TOOOOOO GOOOOOOD.
CARROT CAKE:2 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil (instead I used 1 cup of applesauce)
4 whole Eggs
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
2 cups Grated Carrots (I used more)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together the sugar, oil (or applesauce) and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Then add carrots and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured (Baker’s Joyed) pan (bundt, sheet cake, 9 x 13 pyrex).(I just lined the pan with parchment paper.)
- Bake at 350F until done, 25 (sheet cake) to 50 (Bundt pan) minutes, depending on the pan you use.
- Cool completely.
CREAM CHEESE ICING:1 stick Regular Butter, Softened
1 package (8 Oz) Cream Cheese
1 pound Powdered Sugar (I used about half this amount. I just slowly add, and taste as I go.)
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 cup Pecans, Chopped Finely (I left these out- I actually think ground nuts would be good in the cake)
- In larger bowl, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and vanilla and blend, then mix in the nuts.
- Spread on cooled carrot cake.
I, somehow, did not take a picture, even though I ate this about 15 times in the last week.