Black bean and Corn Salad

I couldn't find it on my blog- but I know I've made this recipe before and loved it! So- I'm finally writing it down!


1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels [I'm going to do fresh- because I have tons-- boil and cut off the cob... I might throw some uncooked kernels in too- just to see]
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions, thinly sliced [I'm actually using diced red onion, it's what I have]
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

  1. Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar or tupperware. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
  2. In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. 
  3. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.
 
I think I'll serve this with a steak and watermelon :) I'm not picking out the seeds.

Comments

Popular Posts