Biscuits from pancake mix

When you only have whole wheat flour and a craving for sausage gravy, you'll go to great lengths to make tasty biscuits.

I recently bought buttermilk pancake mix, the kind you only need to add water (sometimes I find myself with nothing in the house to eat and this will usually do the trick as I ALWAYS have butter and syrup...). As a kid my mom would make chicken pot pie with bisquick biscuits on top. Figured pancake mix had to be similar!

2.5 cups pancake mix (just add water variety)
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg

Mix, and flour a counter. Roll out dough until 1/2 inch.

Using a wine glass, I punched out biscuits and placed on greased cookie sheet.
I baked at 425 for 8-10 minutes.

Then I made a quick sausage gravy! http://waxedbean.blogspot.com/search/label/sausage%20gravy?m=0



Comments

Popular Posts