Chicken tetrazzini

I had a craving for a casserole, and no "cream of" soups in the house. So I found a recipe online and then changed it to fit my fridge!

Chicken (I had 5 tenderloins, 2 thighs)
Spaghetti
Peas
Butter
Flour
Milk
Cheese

Here's what I did with my random ingredients and 1 pan/pot goal!

Boil chicken for 20 minutes. Take out the chicken, but leave the water in the pot. Add half lb of spaghetti broken in thirds. Boil the pasta, and 1 cup of peas, while you chop the chicken.

Pour the water off, and save 1 cup of broth/pasta water to the side. Add the pasta and peas to the chicken (ok I ended up using 2 containers).

In the warm pot, add 5 T of butter to melt. Add 1/4 cup of flour and mix. Pour in the broth while mixing. Slowly add 1 cup milk (I used skim) and mix.

Chop about 2/3 cheese- I had a small hunk of Dublinear, 2x4 hunk of Brie, and one wheel of baby belle cheese. Water you have- throw it in! Mix until mostly melted. Add in the pasta/chic/peas mixture and toss. And serve! (I Broiled it for 5 min but unnecessary.)

If you want to see the original recipe, click here: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8697/chicken-tetrazzini


Comments

Popular Posts