15 minute dinner

Tonight, after several nights of JW's birthday dinners, I had to take it easy.

I made pasta.  I cooked whole wheat penne, while I defrosted frozen shrimp in an inch of warm water (best thing to always have in the freezer- defrosts in a minute!). I peeled and added to a saute pan with garlic and a little butter.

I sliced the bottom 1.5" inch off the asparagus and added to a different saute pan (yes 3 pans, JW is MAD!).  In the saute pan I added another clove of garlic and the juice of 1 lemon (although 1/2 would have been fine) and S&P.  Once the pasta was boiling I put the lid on the asparagus.

When the shrimp were cooked through, I put them in the pan next to the asparagus (I couldnt use ANOTHER pan!) and heated some sauce in the the old shrimp pan.  I cheated again, and used a Roasted Pepper alfredo sauce that is only like 70 calories, shocking.  I heated it in the pan and added a touch of heavy cream(!!).  Once the pasta was done, I drained it and returned it to the pot and then poured the sauce on top and mixed.

I served the meal with the shrimp on top of the pasta and asparagus on the side.

JW is still doing the dishes...

Comments

Popular Posts