Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

I really like this as it had less sugar and more tartness. Great with a little vanilla ice cream!

2 lbs rhubarb cut into small dice

1 lb strawberries cut into slices 

3/4 c sugar

1 lemon, juiced

2-3 T cornstarch

1 t vanilla


1 1/2 c oats

1 1/2 c flour

1 1/2 c brown sugar

1 1/2 t cinnamon

1/2 c butter / coconut oil

3 T canola oil

3/4 t salt



 I cut the rhubarb and strawberries in advance and froze them. I started to defrost them to bake, but they weren’t completely done. 

In a 8x12 pan, I added the fruit, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and cornstarch. 

I mixed together oats, butter, coconut oil, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

I poured the oats on top and baked for 60 minutes at 350 (I actually think I left it in longer by accident).


Inspired by: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/old-fashioned-strawberry-rhubarb-crisp

Comments

Popular Posts