Peach Tart

As the one year anniversary of The Waxed Bean approaches, I have been thinking back to the inspiration book and Amanda Hesser's recipes. There was a peach tart I made last summer, in memory of my "father-in-law equivalent" who loved peaches.

As we were going to a July 4th party at his home, I thought it was fitting to take a peach tart over again.

As I was running around and skipping many other parties, I didn't go to the grocery store in time. But it actually worked out better. The produce stand by our house had over-ripe peaches on sale! Sweet. I bought 6. Here is my first ever, photomontage of my peach tart:

Instead of peeling, scrub the fuzz off under water.
 
In a 9" pie dish, I mixed together 1.5c flour, 1/2t salt, and 1t sugar. 

Added 1/2 c olive oil, 2T milk, and 1/2 t vanilla extract.

Thin out dough and shape it in the dish, until 3/4" high... I was reluctant, but last time it burned!
 
 3/4c sugar, 2T flour, 1/4t salt and 2T cold butter mixed til it was like sand.
 

Sprinkle "sand" generously on top and bake at 425 for 35-45min.


ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts