With the SuperBowl on today, and my friends putting together our typical Sunday sports dinner, I decided to try a new Scalloped Potatoes recipe that could balance a few of the other calories we will be in taking at the party!
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used olive oil mayo- 40 calories a T)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. (I used the Cuisinart to slice both- can I say AMAZING?!)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add broth, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours or until tender.