Potato leek soup

A rainy Sunday with a chill in the air calls for soup. I received potatoes and leeks in our CSA this past week, so this soup has been on my mind for a few days.

Of course, having not been to the store, left my soup limited, but eventually it turned out!

I started by boiling half a pot of salted water, chopped 4 large and varied potatoes, and cooked them for 10 minutes, maybe.

Meanwhile, I diced the white portions of two leeks, washed and drained them. I sautéed them in a tablespoon of butter.

Once the potatoes were cooked, I drained all but a cup of cooking water off. I returned the pot to the stove, added the leeks, 2 cups of milk, a tablespoon of butter, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.

I realized I didn't have any chicken broth or bouillon cubes. So, I grabbed a can of chicken, and poured in the water and some of the chicken chunks. I mashed the chicken, potatoes, an leeks with a potato masher.

The soup was a little bland and a little thick, so I walked to CVS. I bought more milk and some bouillon cubes.

I added a bit more water and milk and two cubes upon my return. Much better.

Also, I served the soup with a cheese stick ripped into small parts. Resourcefulness.

Comments

Molly said…
I just made this! I can't believe how easy it was! So yummy! Thank you!
Waylesies said…
I'm impressed this recipe post was enough of a guide for it to turn out! There might be a better post of this soup on here.

Soups are a good thing to cook, as it's usually just boiling stuff

Popular Posts