Quiche

So, I wanted to make a quiche, but had to make some modifications based on the fact I didn't have heavy cream, and really hadn't been to the grocery store in weeks, so was missing typical veggies and cheese options.

But, I forged forward.

I defrosted a frozen pie crust (that had been shattered in a hundred pieces as it had rolled out of the freezer for months). Once slightly soft, laid it and the million shards on the bottom of a pie plate.

I microwaved 3 piece of bacon for 3 minutes.

In a pan, I sautéed butter, garlic, shallots, and onion. I also added the veggies I had on hand- a green pepper and one small tomato. Once the bacon was ready, I diced it into half inch cubes and added it as well.

I only had deli sliced provolone cheese, so I shredded 4 or 5 slices and threw it in as well.

In a bowl, whisked 4 large eggs and milk. I added salt and pepper and poured into the veggie pan. Mixing, and quickly pouring the whole mixture into the pie crust.

In a 350 degree oven, I baked it for 35-40 minutes.

Ingredients
Pie crust
3-5 slices of Bacon
1 clove garlic, 1 shallot, 1/2 onion (or some combination you have)
3-4 tablespoons butter (if you have fattier milk, reduce the butter)
1 green pepper and 1 tomato (or other diced veggies)
Cheese of you choice (1/2 cup)
4 large eggs
1 cup fat free milk
Salt and pepper

Comments

Popular Posts