Cooking for Mr. Urban EcoForms

I am serving on the Green Committee at our condo, and I convinced a college friend JL to come speak to our committee, and I promised a home cooked meal!

Although it was quick (not the meeting, that was too long), we ate chicken pot pie, drank wine, and attempted to find the Phillies on tv:

A keeper by Not Your Mothers Weeknight Cooking:

Chicken Pot Pie:
Prep 25 minutes, cook 35 minutes
2 T butter
3 chicken breasts
2 T shallots
1/4 c flour
1.5 c broth
1/2 c white wine
1/2 c half n half (I used 1/2 c skim milk and a touch of butter)
1 T parsley
16 oz frozen veggies (I used half peas and carrots and half corn)
2 roll-out frozen pie crusts (defrost on countertop for 20 min, shoprite brand was sooo good!)

1. Preheat oven to 400, and grease a 9" pie plate. Since I used two pie crusts, I laid one in the bottom of the pan, pricked it, and let it bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, I diced the chicken and shallots and added them with butter to saute. Let them finish cooking (8 minutes) and added flour to coat. Then poured in wine, broth, milk, and parsley; allowing the dish to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Added S&P and took the pie crust out of the oven. and poured the mixture inside. Lay the second crust out and wet the edge with a little water (it called for egg, but i was out), and flip it on top. Push the crust into the pie dish to seal. Slice the top with a knife and I coated with egg white/water wash.
4. Put the dish on a cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.

JL took some for the road too!

Comments

Popular Posts