Parmesan Crusted Herb Chicken:
2 Chicken Breasts
2 T olive oil
1/2c bread crumbs
1/4 c parm cheese
1 T parsley
1/2 t basil
Drizzle chicken with olive oil then dip in milk. (To do this, I put them in the same pan I would be baking them in, and then just poured out the liquid when I was shaking.)
In a bag mix together, 1/2 c bread crumbs, 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, 1 T parsley, 1/2 t basil, 1/4 t marjoram, 1/4 t paprika, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, and shake.
Add the chicken to a Pyrex, and bake for 35 minutes at 425.
For the pasta salad, I used the Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad from Allrecipes.com:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the orzo, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain well, and let cool.
- Mix the mozzarella cheese cubes, tomatoes, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt with olive oil in a salad bowl. Gently mix in the orzo pasta, and toss lightly to coat the ingredients with oil.