Molasses Cookies

Not sure if you noticed, but I've been on a molasses kick. I've refused to buy brown sugar, so I learned if you add molasses to white sugar...  pouf! Brown sugar.

Well, now I'm obsessed. And I wanted molasses cookies. Of course, Pioneer Woman was making them, so I had to too.


1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/8 cup Molasses
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t cloves
1/4 t nutmeg
1/8 t salt


Spicy Molasses Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugar, butter, molasses, and egg together until well combined. 
Dump in dry ingredients, stirring dry ingredients together lightly. Mix together until dough is combined.
In your hands roll dough into walnut-sized balls, then generously coat each ball with sugar. 
Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, allowing to bake for about a minute after cookies begin to crack.
Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool.

Comments

Popular Posts