Instant Pot Banana Bread


I got an instant pot this week and decided to try banana bread in it. I dont think it was any faster than in the oven- so not sure why one would use the instant pot for this- other than the ability to leave the house while it cooks (maybe...)

I didnt have any eggs- so here is the recipe I used:

Spray the pan.

Mix in the pan:
3/4 c applesauce
 3/4 c brown sugar
1 T coconut oil
Mixed together until fluffy.

Add 2-3 ripe bananas (mine were frozen, so I let sit out to defrost).

Add 1 t of vanilla and 1/3 cup of milk.

Mix in 2 cups flour, 1 t baking soda and 1/2 t salt. (Optional, add 1/2 c of chocolate chips and/or walnuts.)   

Cook on the pressure cooker setting for 50 minutes, then natural release for 10.

It was moist on top when it came out- but tastes good. However, the oven will yield similar result for less time...

Comments

Popular Posts