Banana Bread

How is it that I've been blogging for all these months, and my banana bread hasn't made it in yet? Or am I not capable of using my own search feature?

Well, I need to make banana bread today (I'm subsidizing my payments to the plumber with baking... yeah, you heard that right), in a borrowed kitchen.  Since I wouldn't have access to my cookbook down the street, I was thinking- "Great, I'll put my blog to good use.... just find the recipe on..."

But the recipe isn't here!

Not yet... so here it goes. Of course, from my favorite baking book of all time, the Pilsbury one I mention every other post.

3/4 c sugar (I tend to use half white and half brown)
1/2 c butter, soft
2 eggs
2-3 ripe bananas (I freeze mine at the sign of first brown spots, so take them out a minute to defrost first)
1/3 c milk
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c walnuts, optional
1/2 c chocolate chips, optional

Mix together sugar and butter until fluffy.  Add eggs, bananas, milk, and vanilla.  Add flour, slak, baking soda, nuts, and chocolate chips.  Finish mixing, then pour into greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Oh yeah, and since the kitchen isn't finished (just a little cake to bribe the plumber :)) I'm borrowing an oven. Thanks MK... even though you don't know I'm at your house! (I brought my own butter...)


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Waylesies said…
Hellen-- maybe we should Blitzmail this recipe to the entire Washington College campus? Ha! miss you!
hellen said…
LOL!!! I thought the same exact thing!! This is the perfect post-New Years' recipe. It's technically dessert, but I can choose to think of it as health food since it's got a fruit in the title!

Popular Posts