Best chicken: Sage and Rosemary chicken

This is what I should have made for the WAC dinner. Well, besides the fact that it's ALL BROWN... I should have made this chicken.

This recipe is a great chicken dish I've been making since 2003 when I was working at The UPS Store and a customer left messed up photocopies of a Food and Wine magazine. I took one of the scrap copies- and have been making variations of this recipe ever since.

However, today's version seemed a bit easier than the original, which somehow I've even moved away from the pork!

4 chicken breasts
1/2 c flour
salt and pepper
1/2 t sage
1/2 t rosemary

1/2 c white wine
1/2 c Parmesan cheese

Ok- those measurements are of course made up- but I liked the 1/2.

Take the chicken and wash it out of the package. Mix the flour and spices together on a plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour, covering all sides.

Heat a pan with a little bit of oil. Add the chicken to the pan.  Brown on one side, and then flip. Once the second side is brown and mostly cooked thoroughly, add the white wine to the pan, and sprinkle cheese on the chicken.  Finish cooking while sauce reduces.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Popular Posts