Pork Souvlaki

It seems like all my posts are brown food... one day, I'll post something more colorful!

I made Pork Souvlaki last night after our recent V-day dinner at Zorba's, a local Greek BYO that JW looooves. I was searching on Food & Wine's website the other day, and cam across this recipe that I had made some time ago.  Knew it was a hit, and was ready to go again! Plus, I knew I was running to Whole Foods, and figured good meat was on the table tonight.

Last time I made this I made it with lamb shoulder. But, with pork shoulder running boneless at $3.99/lb at WF, I figured I had to do pork, like the recipe.

20 minutes to marinade:
Slice the pork shoulder in 3" by 1/2" strips. Slice an onion in long strips. Put in a bowl with 1/4 c olive oil, 3 T lemon juice, 2 T fresh oregano (I used 1 T dried), garlic, and salt and pepper.

Add it to a hot grill pan or griddle, and cook for 10 minutes or until done.

I served with pita, tzatziki and hummus that I bought... I've made the latter 2 before but didn't like my tzatziki and didn't feel like making the hummus.

This is a good one though!

Comments

Popular Posts