Orange foods for the Oscars

In preparation for bidding on the Oscar's, I came up with an orange menu- Butternut Squash Soup, Bean Dip (melted cheese on top for the orange effect), and Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Since I have already posted the first two recipes, I HAVE to post the Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe because it was soooo good and soooo easy! 

This recipe was emailed to me from AllRecipes.com, but I served it with new Pretzel Chips:

Ingredients
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 bag of pretzel chips

Directions
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and pretzel chips.

The pretzel chips are KEY!

I put the soup in the large crockpot, and I put the Buffalo Chicken Dip in the small one that came for free with my mom got me for Christmas.  Believe me, the $35 I found the same online is WORTH it!




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Popular Posts