- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk (or- milk and a splash of lemon juice or vinegar)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, raisins, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl. Beat 3 minutes. Pour half of batter into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Combine 4 tablespoons white sugar, 2 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle half of topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.Pour remaining batter on top, and repeat topping process.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.