- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Stir the brown sugar, sage, salt, basil, black pepper, onion powder, marjoram, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Place the ground beef in a large bowl; mix the spice blend into the ground beef with your hands until evenly integrated. Refrigerate for 24 hours to let the flavors blend.
- Divide the ground beef mixture into 8 patties.
Place a large skillet over medium heat; cook the
patties in the skillet until firm, hot, and cooked in the center, 5 to 7
minutes per side.
I only cooked half the mixture-- I made the rest into meatballs for dinner!