Getting back in the groove- alfredo sauce

It's been forever since I cooked, photographed, and still had enough energy to blog about it. Maybe 2012 will start on a better foot than 2011 ended, who knows.

I'm still not able to all three- I can cook- and now I'm blogging about it, but still can't seem to photograph anything.

For the month of Nov and Dec, I seemed to be in hurry, almost with each meal. Nothing I cooked in these months (if I cooked) was blog worthy. Really. Many of the meals were items I'd blogged about 35 times before. Other items were the saddest creation that consisted of rice out of a box with mixed in veggies and chicken, or a DiGiorno's pizza.

This week, however, I made three things that are blog worthy. Three things I certainly want to recreate later, so I'll archive in this blog: Alfredo sauce, meatloaf, and a cinnamon raisin bread. Maybe, I'm back!

Pasta with Chicken, Broccoli, and Alfredo sauce
Pasta of your choice, I used bow ties
Chicken breasts, cut in cubes
Broccoli, cut in cubes (or you can use frozen, like I did)
Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 T of dried)

Boil pasta in salted water while preparing other ingredients.

In saute pan, brown chicken and then add broccoli.

In sauce pan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts