What to do with red cabbage and cauliflower? Well, pork tenderloin goes well with apples, so I found a red cabbage and apple dish, and made smashed cauliflower! Both courtesy of Allrecipes.com.
(I poured too much broth from both dishes on my plate, so that explains the pile of liquid... sorry! At least the picture isn't orange!)
Pork Tenderloin... read the other blogs and find the recipe, I'm not retyping it because I just buy the stupid thing and bake it at 350 for 20/lb. See, there you go.
* 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets [I honestly just cut it in chunks, I'm not sure how you can do that...]
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup shredded Vermont white Cheddar cheese [I didn't have this, so I used 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 2 slices of swiss diced up!]
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring cauliflower and chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover the saucepan and increase heat to medium-high. Allow cauliflower to simmer until soft and the cooking liquid has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove cauliflower from the heat, and add the butter, Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Mash with a potato masher until the cheeses have melted and the cauliflower is smooth, then season to taste with salt and pepper.