It's Shake and Bake, and I helped.

 Well, I hope you well enough by now to know I would not buy shake and bake.  Tonight's recipe, from a book called "Not Your Mother's Weeknight Cooking," might as well be shake-n-bake. It was super easy: shake and bake and you're done. Here is the Waxed Bean version of their recipe:

Parmesan Crusted Herb Chicken:
2 Chicken Breasts- drizzle with olive oil then dip in milk

In a bag mix together, 1/2 c bread crumbs, 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, 1 T parsley, 1/2 t basil, 1/4 t marjoram, 1/4 t paprika, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, and shake.

Add the chicken to a Pyrex/earthenware, and bake for 35 minutes at 425.

Meanwhile, make roasted root vegetables. Dice potatoes, turnips, carrots, celery, or whatever you have! Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake about 40 minutes at 425. (yeah, so I put these in the oven first and then did the chicken, but you would've figured that out...)

JW really enjoyed the veggies! I thought he wasn't going to like the celery that I threw in there- but as a roasted vegetable, and not crunchy, he quite enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular Posts