Pasta with garlic scapes pesto and peas

 My cousin AA gave me some spinach pasta and olive oil for my birthday, so when JW was out at the Phils for dinner, I decided I'd treat myself to this meal!

I love the flavor of garlic scapes, which I've been collecting the tips left over from other dishes to make pesto:

1/2 pound garlic scapes, cut into 2-inch pieces


3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

ground black pepper to taste


The flavor seemed so intense- so I doctored it up a bit, adding a little more lemon juice, a dash of balsamic, 1/2 a diced tomato, and a few basil leaves.

As the pasta finished cooking, I threw in a handful of fresh peas from the CSA. DELISH!

Comments

Candace said…
It looks and sounds delicious. How was it?

Popular Posts