BBQ sauce


With so many pulled pork sandwiches, it was finally time to make my own BBQ sauce. After talking to the "experts," my guy friends who smoke meats all weekend long, they told me that Joy of Cooking has the best. For some reason, I'm holding out on buying a copy, so searched the web for some version.

I found one that claimed to reference JofC, and then I modified it, especially since I don't measure anything:

1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons dry mustard
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 minced garlic cloves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 slices lemons (I used 1 t of lemon juice)
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1/2 t pepper

So, my question to my guy friends, JCH and DSG, is- at what point to you stop? Do you then make your own ketchup to make your own BBQ sauce? So far, the answer was no.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/joy-of-cooking-barbecue-sauce-177364#ixzz1NILpETPj
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

Comments

Popular Posts