Chicken Goodness


So, here is the problem... I made this so long ago I don't remember it. I know it was good, and I know JW said, hurry up and write down what you did so you will remember. Well, I didn't and I don't...

Or, is it coming back?? Hmm....

I found it! of course, it was some variation of AllRecipes.com!

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 6 boneless chicken thighs, with skin
  • dried parsley, to taste

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a baking pan.
  2. In a microwave safe bowl, mix the butter & oil, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and parsley. (I might have added some paprika, but I really don't remember now...) Cook 2 minutes on High in the microwave, or until butter is melted.
  3. Arrange chicken on the baking pan, and coat with the butter mixture, reserving some of the mixture for basting.
  4. Broil chicken 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with remaining butter mixture. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.

I also made some CSA veggies to go with it. I smashed cauliflower by steam/boiling it, and then mashed in butter, milk, salt and pepper and some cheese.

These greens were amazing, and I will definitely do these again:


Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • 5 leaves collard greens - rinsed, trimmed and chopped
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon greens seasoning, divided
  • 1 head cabbage, chopped
  • 1 pinch white sugar

Directions

  1. Fry the bacon with the onion in a large skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped collard greens, sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the greens seasoning; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
  2. Add in the darker chopped cabbage leaves, and cook and stir until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining cabbage; season with salt, black pepper, sugar, and the remaining greens seasoning. Stir well; cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally so that the greens do not scorch, about 10 minutes.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

Comments

Popular Posts