Quiches for a Queen


Well, maybe not a queen, but certainly these quiches for the queen of my brother's world. My brother is getting married in a few months, and for the bridal shower, I made plethora of quiches: quiche lorraine, spinach and mushroom, and a crustless broccoli and cheddar.

The fun part about the quiche recipe is that it came from the CIA (culinary institute, duh) cookbook my brother gave me for Christmas.

Filling for one 9" Quiche:
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper

Bake pie crust. (I used frozen dough that I added to throw away pans to make clean up easy!)

Whisk together the above ingredients in a bowl. I used 2.5 times the above recipe since my metal pans were smaller than 9" and it worked perfectly. Quiche takes about 40 minutes at 325.

Add ins:
Lorraine-
To make the add ins for the 3 quiches, I started with the bacon. I cooked 8 slices, and then cut it with kitchen sheers into tiny slices. I drained the fat, but didn't not wipe the pan, and then sauteed 3/4 of an onion in the fat residue. I added these 2 ingredients with 3/4 cup of Gruyere cheese with the egg/cream mixture and poured into the pan.

Mushroom/spinach-
I sauteed 1/4 of an onion and garlic together along with a handful of mushrooms and 3 handfuls of fresh spinach until the mushrooms are cooked and spinach is wilted. (Spinach takes less time than mushrooms.)

Broccoli/cheddar-
I sauteed the broccoli for a few minutes and then added 3/4 cup cheddar cheese to the egg mixture with the broccoli, and poured it straight into the metal pan- no crust.

Comments

Popular Posts