Forgetful Chicken

This dish may be the exact reason why I need a blog.  I had made this dish before from "Not Your Mother's Weeknight Cooking," but I couldn't remember which marinaded chicken dish I loved and which was just ok- the Greek yogurt/Dijon or the sour cream.

I think it's the greek yogurt/dijon (Coq au vin in dijon yogurt sauce) that's just ok, and of course the one I made tonight; though this version was better than my first attempt.  Literally just yogurt, dijon, and tarragon (or fennel seeds and marjoram, in my case), S&P.  Add chicken and white wine to Pyrex, and layer the sauce on top- bake for 30 min under foil, take foil off and cook for 15 more.

It certainly makes for a moist chicken, but I end up knocking off any access sauce.  Oh well.  I'll maybe put on less sauce next time. If I remember... maybe I'll just make the sour cream marinade instead.

Comments

Popular Posts