Tuna casserole

It is the coldest night in a looong time, so I knew I needed to turn on the oven! I didn't feel like going to the store, and we had leftover asparagus, so I searched on allrecipes.com for something to make with the can of cream of mushroom soup I had in the cabinet.  Tuna Casserole.


Ok- here we go!  Boil pasta in salted water (made it in my LeCresuet, so I could do a one pot dinner). Drain and preheat oven to 350. Mix together in pasta one can of cream of mushroom soup, rinse the can with milk and add it in too. I added 1 T of butter, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and 1/3 cup of greek yogurt.

Mixed it all together and placed in the oven for 15 minutes. I took it out and topped it with parm cheese, and rebaked for 7 more minutes. Served with leftover asparagus and bread and a Ceasar salad (JW's favorite thing in the whole world- some 45 calories-- topped with crushed crackers and parm cheese!). We still were hungry, and wanted the leftovers for lunch, so we both ate peanut butter sandwiches- his with chocolate peanut butter and mine with honey.

But, for the last few minutes, I've been trying to ask JW why he high-fived me at dinner. I think it was because tuna casserole was a good meal to watch in front of the tv, like a nice 60s tv dinner while we watched Antiques Road Show. But I tried asking him about it, and he said, "Stop trying to interview me for your blog!!!"
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

hellen said…
Would you believe that I have never ever EVER had tuna casserole in my life? I might try it now!

Popular Posts