Easy Quick Homemade Bread

JW loooooves when I make bread!

It's super easy and fast, as the name implies.  When I use whole wheat bread it becomes very dense, and JW can't get enough.  When I use all-purpose flour (unbleached) it rises a lot more and is more like "real" bread.

1/4 c Sugar
3 T Butter
2 t Salt
1/2 c Milk
1 1/2 c very warm water
3 packets (of 1/4 oz) Active dry Yeast
5 c of flour

I first run hot water in my KitchenAid mixer bowl, while I add the sugar, butter, milk and salt in a saucepan to heat. I then, in the warm bowl, I add the water and the yeast, mixing to dissolve.  Once the milk/sugar mixture is blended, I let it cool for a minute, and then add it into the yeast.

I preheat the oven for 175 degrees. While I slowly add the flour while mixing on the stand, I add a dash of spices, generally garlic powder and rosemary but oregano is another choice. I continue to mix it slowly, waiting for the dough to pull off from the bowl sides.  I then grease my bread pan, lay it in, and flip it (greasing both sides). I place the pan on top of the stove, near the oven vent, where it is warm, and cover the pan with a towel for 10 minutes.

Once the dough has risen, I put it in the oven for 10 minutes. Then, increase the temperature to 425 degrees for 25 more minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts