- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 butternut squash (roasted, peeled, and mashed)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (I didnt have any so I used Red Pepper Flakes)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Roast butternut squash in oven 375 for 45 minutes to an hour. Scoop out seeds and discard.
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add squash, stock, marjoram, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese with a hand masher (or in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through.) Do not allow to boil.