Baking for the Fall!

With a weekend away at Washington College, I came home craving a warm oven to warm our home. With the CSA apples taking over the kitchen, I knew it was going to be the first apple crsip of the season (and had prepared by stopping at WFoods on the way home to get french vanilla ice cream).

In addition, I wanted lamb. When I had been in Chestertown, I went to Brooks Tavern, owned by the same couple that owned the Kennedyville Inn, where I had worked for almost 10 years. I had been debating between the duck breast and the lamb- and went with the duck as it isnt something I'd make at home.

So, to get my lamb fix, I fixed a leg od lamb, with the apple crisp. Odd, I know.

Roasted Leg of Lamb:
2 lb leg of lamb
salt
pepper
rosemary
garlic

Stab the lamb with a knife and insert slivers of garlic. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Bake at 325 for 2 hours, rotating a few times.

I added about 4 or 5 small potatoes to the pan, and roasted as well.

Apple Crisp:
6 cups of apples, peeled and sliced
1 t cinnamon
1 T water
1 t lemon juice

1/2 c butter, half melted or room temperature
1 c oats
3/4 c flour
3/4 c brown sugar

Layer apples in pie dish and sprinkle with next 3 ingredients. In bowl, mix 4 ingredients until gravel like. Sprinkle topping over apples.


Bake 30 minutes at 375 (or 50 at 325).

Comments

Popular Posts