Overcooked Chicken Pot Pie

This Chicken Pot Pie didn't photograph well. And, it wasn't my best, to be honest. (See the comparison...)

When making my pie, JW wanted to hang artwork... so it got burnt. And, the art is slightly off center. (But don't tell him, he will make me re-hang it.)

Prep 25 minutes, cook 35 minutes
2 T butter
3 chicken breasts (I had frozen, with the bone in breasts, so I boiled them for 10 minutes to poach the meat and ripped it off the bone)
2 T shallots
1/4 c flour
1.5 c broth
1/2 c white wine
1/2 c milk
1 T parsley
16 oz frozen veggies
2 roll-out refrigerated pie crusts (room temp)

1. Preheat oven to 400, and grease a 9" pie plate. Since I used two pie crusts, I laid one in the bottom of the pan, pricked it, and let it bake for 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, I diced the chicken and shallots and added them with butter to saute. Let them finish cooking (8 minutes) and added flour to coat. Then poured in wine, broth, milk, parsley, and veggies; allowing the dish to simmer for 10 minutes.

3. Added S&P, and took the pie crust out of the oven. and poured the mixture inside. Lay the second crust out and wet the edge with a little water (it called for egg, but i was out), and flip it on top. Push the crust into the pie dish to seal. Slice the top with a knife and I sprayed with olive oil spray (since i didnt have egg to make a yolk wash).

4. Put the dish on a cookie sheet (or else you will smoke yourself out with burnt drips!) and bake for about 30 minutes.

The funny thing is- I didn't even read my own post fully- as I almost forgot the cookie sheet... one burnt drip and I remembered the hard way.

Comments

Popular Posts