Sunday cooking to steave off a cold

After 6 days of a nasty cold, I finally felt better enough to return to the kitchen today. And to do so, in honor of the cool air outside, I decided to bake and make a soup/chili.

For breakfast, I baked a chocolate chip banana bread, but knew it was going to be creative. I didn't have enough butter, milk, or flour... but I was determined!

Resourceful Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:

1/2 c butter (or in my case, a little less than a stick and vegetable oil to complete)
3/4 c sugar (I mixed white and brown sugar)

Mixed together until fluffy. Add 3 ripe bananas (mine were frozen).

Add 2 eggs, 1 t of vanilla and 1/3 cup of milk (I was just short, but since the recipe only really needed 2 bananas, I figured I was good).

Mix in 2 cups flour (I only had one cup, but had coconut flour- so added just under a cup of that since it is drier), 1 t baking soda and 1/2 t salt. Once mixed, add 1 c of chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Chicken Chili Soup:

Ok- I'm a cheater. I used a mix. JW's uncle has given me this Harry and David's sampler for two years in a row- and I managed to have 2 packs of Southwestern Chicke Chili- so I made both!

I first chopped frozen chicken breast and cooked it in its own jucies, and put them off to the side. Boiled beans for an hour, then added chicken broth and spices for 30 minutes, added the chicken, jalepeno peppers, and veggie pack for 30 more minutes!

Chicken was moist! Served with cheddar cheese!

Comments

Popular Posts