Beans and rice


Yet another great AllRecipes.com find! I did use some of the comments and made some adjustments:

Ingredients

* 1 (8 ounce) package yellow rice mix
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (I used frozen)
* 2 teaspoons lime juice (I used lemon)
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
I added 1 diced tomato and diced fresh cilantro
 
Directions

1. Bring the rice, water, and olive oil to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Mix together the beans, corn, lime juice, and cumin in a large bowl. (Why a bowl? Just add it to the pot! Along with the tomato and cilantro!) Stir in the cooked rice and serve.

Yummy! I'll totally make this again this summer- super easy and very tasty. But, don't serve it with collards, like I did. They definitely don't match.



Comments

Popular Posts