Mango and Avocado Salsa over Chicken


This meal was spot on. Perfectly refreshing, and perfectly prepared, if I do say so myself!

I got the Chicken with Mango and Avocado Salsa recipe from SELF magazine, and it is one of a few recipes that I make following directions... except (of course) I don't find the need for the tortillas that the original recipe calls for... so, the calorie count later on is probably even less!

You may recognize this salsa from The Ironic Dinner party. I thought it was that time of year to bring it back, and honor a third of that dinner party that recently got hitched and have just returned from Hawaii. I think this could be a fitting salsa to celebrate! (maybe I should have invited them over...)

Ingredients


1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons adobo sauce (or I used some jalepeno hot sauce from Trader Joe's, that isn't good in anything else)
2 limes (tonight I had lemons)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 oz each)
1 large mango, coarsely chopped (tonight I used these amazingly ripe Champagne mangoes from WFs, which were on sale and AMAZING!! you gotta read this blog I just linked to from the Columbia Culinary Society- itll sell ya on them vs. regular mangoes)
1 large avocado, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
3 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation

Mix Worcestershire, soy and adobo sauces with juice from 1 of the limes into a plastic bag with the chicken. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, dice and combine mango, avocado, cilantro, onion, salt and juice from remaining lime in a bowl. Store in refrigerator and take out chicken.

Heat oven to 350°. Transfer chicken and marinade to a baking dish and cook until tender and no longer pink, approximately 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness. To speed cooking process, flip chicken half way through cooking time.

Remove chicken from oven, place each breast on a plate and top with 1/4 of mango-avocado mixture.

The skinny (with tortiallas that I didn't include):

385 calories per serving, 9.6 g fat (1.4 g saturated), 44 g carbs, 6.5 g fiber, 31 g protein


As a side dish, I sauted the beet greens and spinch leftover from the CSA- cleaned and cut, in a pan with tab of butter and garlic. Sautee until wilted- season with salt and pepper--- delicious!


 

Comments

mashep said…
ahh so many delicious and hilarious memories. can't wait to do it again soon!

Popular Posts