Quick and Easy homemade pizza dough

Easy enough to stop me from buying store bought dough, as long as I have yeast on hand. Which I started buying in bulk.


Makes two dough balls:


3 cups flour
  • 1 package (.25 oz) active dry yeast
    2 T vegetable oil
    1 t salt
    1 T sugar
    1 cup warm water (110 degrees)

    1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.
    2. Add in oil and water.
    3. Lay out on your pizza pan.
    4. Top as you want. (Trick is to go light on sauce, light on cheese, light on veggies- or it won't cook right.)


    I bagged the second ball and kept it in the fridge for a week.


    Idea for toppings:


    OPTION 1: 
1/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
  • 1/4 cup basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup sliced red onion
  • 1 cup fresh grated cheese

  • OPTION 2: 
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup spinach
  • 1/4 cup sliced onion
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella (or whatever I had)

  1. Heat oven to 500°. Place a pizza stone on bottom rack (or use an inverted baking sheet, not heated). 
  2. Set crust on a sheet of parchment paper. 
  3. Top with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and veggies (I like my veggies on top of the cheese). 
  4. Cook pie  on stone until cheese melts and crust is golden, 5 to 10 minutes. (sometimes I go 12 min)
  5. Cut each into 6 slices.

Nutrition

347 calories per 2 slices, 13 g fat (5 g saturated), 43 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein

Comments

Popular Posts