Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

We thought that this cake got better with age- although I think that nuts would have been a nice addition (although too many calories!).

This icing is AMAZING. TOOOOOO GOOOOOOD.


CARROT CAKE:

2 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil (instead I used 1 cup of applesauce)
4 whole Eggs
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
2 cups Grated Carrots (I used more)

  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Mix together the sugar, oil (or applesauce) and eggs in a large bowl. 
  3. Add in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
  4. Then add carrots and mix well. 
  5. Pour into a greased and floured (Baker’s Joyed) pan (bundt, sheet cake, 9 x 13 pyrex).(I just lined the pan with parchment paper.)
  6. Bake at 350F until done, 25 (sheet cake) to 50 (Bundt pan) minutes, depending on the pan you use. 
  7. Cool completely.

CREAM CHEESE ICING:

1 stick Regular Butter, Softened
1 package (8 Oz) Cream Cheese
1 pound Powdered Sugar (I used about half this amount. I just slowly add, and taste as I go.)
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 cup Pecans, Chopped Finely (I left these out- I actually think ground nuts would be good in the cake)

  1. In larger bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. 
  2. Add sugar and vanilla and blend, then mix in the nuts. 
  3. Spread on cooled carrot cake.

I, somehow, did not take a picture, even though I ate this about 15 times in the last week.

Comments

Popular Posts