1 1/4cupsskim milk 2tablespoonslight cream cheese 1 1/2tablespoonswhole-wheat flour 1/4teaspoonsalt 1/4teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper 1/4teaspoongarlic powder Dash of cayenne pepper (optional) 3/4cupshredded cheddar 1/2cupshredded Monterey Jack cheese 1/4cupshredded Parmesan 1/2teaspoonDijon mustard 4cupscooked whole-wheat spiral pasta 2cupschopped cauliflower (about 1/2 a medium head), steamed
1. Cook the pasta and cauliflower in water.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream cheese, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne, if desired. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a slow boil, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining cheeses and mustard until cheese melts.
4. Add in pasta and cauliflower. stir into cheese mixture.
5. Divide pasta evenly among 7 bowls/tupperware.
Nutrition (7 servings, 1 cup each)
235 calories per 1 cup,
9 g fat (5 g saturated), 27 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein