Coconut Curry Flounder

I do not like fish. I love me some sushi, and I enjoy tuna and salmon. But I cannot cook and hardly can eat other fish. It smells terrible. 

With this dish, JW loved it. I thought it was ok- tolerable. Until I had the leftovers. JW had mentioned the first night that it tasted like tomato soup. I didn't taste that. Then, I had the leftovers and that was all I could taste and it was weird.



So... not sure I'll make this again.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce 
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
(14-ounce) can light coconut milk
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 
mint sprigs
basil sprigs
1 tablespoon canola oil
(6-ounce) halibut fillets (I used flounder)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt 
(I also added peppers and snow peas)


  1. 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat, whisking until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 25 minutes). 
  1. 2. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice, mint, and basil; let stand 5 minutes. Strain into a measuring cup; discard solids. (I did not do that- why?!) Keep sauce warm.
  1. 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. 
  1. Serve fish with sauce.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 fillet and 3 tablespoons sauce)
Total: 

  • Calories: 274
  • Fat: 11.1g
  • Saturated fat: 5.7g
  • Monounsaturated fat: 3g
  • Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
  • Protein: 33.2g
  • Carbohydrate: 10.7g
  • Fiber: 0.1g
  • Cholesterol: 83mg
  • Iron: 0.8mg
  • Sodium: 482mg
  • Calcium: 17mg

Comments

Popular Posts