1/2 cup chicken broth 2 T soy sauce 2 T oyster sauce (I didnt have this- I ended up just leaving it out, it was ok...) 2 t cornstarch 2 t sugar 2 t dry sherry (I didnt have this- I ended up just leaving it out, it was ok...)
4 t canola oil 1 lb large peeled shrimp 4 cups broccoli 1 bell pepper 4 oz mushrooms 3 sliced scallions (I forgot to add this) 1 T fresh chopped ginger I T fresh chopped garlic 1/4 t red pepper flakes
1. Combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and dry sherry in a jar. Give it a shake; set aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp canola oil and shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
3. Add 2 tsp canola oil, broccoli florets, thinly sliced red bell pepper and mushrooms to skillet. Stir-fry 1 minute.
4. Make a well in center of veggies; add sliced scallions, fresh ginger and garlic, and red pepper flakes to well.
5. Stir-fry: 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup water; cover and steam 3 minutes.
6. Return shrimp to pan; pour in sauce from jar. Cook, stirring, until shrimp are warmed through and sauce thickens.
6. Sprinkle with 2 sliced scallions (green part only).
Serve over brown or white rice if desired. Grab some chopsticks and dig in!
Nutrition: (without rice) 195 calories per serving, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 15 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein