The Battle of WW vs. JW

Well, tonight's verdict is still out. I enjoyed our meal, quite a bit, and JW, meanwhile, found it "just ok and I'm not going to be super excited if I see it again."

Man, tough crowd.  Since it wasn't a grand slam, I'll only briefly summarize.  I had some Napa Cabbage from the CSA to utilize, and every dish I research contained RAMEN NODDLES- and that wasn't going to happen.  So, I found another recipe from Epicurious (I think I'm going to give it a rest, the site has an app for my phone, but to be honest, I haven't really been IN LOVE with any of the dishes.  Back to allrecipes... the rating system is more predictable), this one was for Scallops with wilted Napa Cabbage slaw.

Well, I didn't have scallops, I have frozen shrimp (they are the easiest thing to defrost when you don't own a microwave and don't plan ahead). So, I reluctantly made the dressing, which reviewers marked bland, and dressed the cabbage, a shredded carrots and some onion.  I sauteed the shrimp and moved them to a plate to deglaze the pan with the remaining dressing, and threw in a T of Kraft [dont tell JW] Asian Sesame (or something) salad dressing. Added the sauce to the shrimp and then wilted the slaw in the pan. With some reheated cous cous, I plated all the items and we ate.

I enjoyed my meal, and JW wasn't impressed. However, he proclaims that I generally make such amazing meals, that this one wasn't up to my typical standards. I suppose he's just making sure I cook again tomorrow night.

Comments

Popular Posts