Lemon Risotto, again

I need to read my own blog more often.  I didn't realize, or remember, making risotto since I started blogging.

So, here is another slight variation, but that's how I cook everything!

I added 1 teaspoon butter (which, for the first time in my life, seemed unnecessary) and 1 T of olive oil to a pan, along with 2 cloves of garlic.  Then, I added 1 c of Arborio rice and let it get coated in oil for 1-2 minutes.

Then I added 1/2c of white wine, and let the liquid evaporate.  Then, I added 1/2c of stock to the rice, stirring and allowing to absorb/evaporate.  As each addition reduced, I added another 1/2c, totaling 3c of stock.

Then, I added the zest and juice of 1 lemon and 1/4c of Parmesan cheese (or I wish I had only added 1/4c!) S&P.  Stir and serve!

We also had a nice pork- Smithfield garlic and herb tenderloin- that I got on sale for $6.99 from ShopRite! And some broccoli with butter and S&P (i should have used that butter from the risotto for the broccoli! Who knew I'D ever run out of butter!

Comments

Popular Posts