Coconut curried chicken

This recipe is one of my favorites, another I enjoy from @BT.  I find out tonight, however, that JW doesn't really like it.  But, I figured out a way around it. He's weird. Let's just keep that in mind.

So, I started with poaching chicken over the weekend (my new favorite thing, but you can use raw chicken just fine).

Can't you just read the ingredients from the picture?

Add the curry paste to the pan.  (If you don't have it, add some combination of curry powder/turmeric/cumin/cayenne to the meat and potatoes. Or do all of it.) Heat for a minute, and then add in the diced sweet potatoes and chicken.  Cook for several minutes.

Pour in the broth and coconut milk (I go for full fat here, much better- and I enjoy the Thai brand the best).

In another pan (maybe that is why JW hates this meal), boil salted water. Chop the bok choy and add it.  Tonight, I also added spinach from the farm share because I wasn't sure what it was at first. Heck, its green. Dice scallions and add to boiling water, if you have them.

In, yet another pan, sauté sliced shiitake mushrooms in some olive oil.  Meanwhile, drain the greens and add to the curry pot.  Reuse the pan from the greens to boil water for instant brown rice (otherwise you are using ANOTHER pan!).

Add the mushrooms to the pot as you are about to serve.  Ladle rice into a bowl, and serve curry soup on top.

AND THIS IS WHY JW doesn't like the dish.  He hates soup, unless it's served with something. (huh?!) So, to help him enjoy this dish, I don't give him much broth. I eat the broth, no problem. Or I serve a side salad.  The broth is the best part!





My camera makes everything seem orange. I don't like orange. Not during baseball season when the Phillies are playing the Giants.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

Comments

Popular Posts